Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jump Out (Of This Boat)

Do you ever feel alone in a world without someone
Yes, Its been far too long since I’ve felt that precious warmth
Do you lack the inspiration to get through life intact
Of course I have my moments, but indeed I’m set far back
I’m short on inspiration so these words will share their own
What kind of heart do I posses if it is still at rest
Its’ speech has slowed and eyes have closed its begging for a door
Which leads into your holding arms though they are yet found
Would someone please explain to me how life goes by so fast
I feel I’m short on chances and I feel I'm short on time
If only you were here with me to stop this beating clock
But you are just imagined, simply floating in my mind
I put a face onto you with everyone that I do meet
Affection is rewarded with a letdown and defeat
Presuming we are bound to be I’m holding onto hope
But soon I will begin to die and jump out of this boat

2 comments:

Chelsea Elizabeth Dowell said...

Pretty powerful levi. When did you write this?

Anonymous said...

Pretty powerful, indeed. Expressed moments in my life.